Monday, December 08, 2008

I Can School You In Life Experience

Current Song: "Intervention" -- Arcade Fire

I know it surprises you every time I indicate that I've led an interesting life with experiences that regular people can't generally pin to their "accomplished" boards, but I doubt that you REALLY HAVE ANY IDEA exactly what that means. To help you out with your quest to Understand Me, I recommend you read this:

INVESTIGATION OF A DEATH AT PACIFIC GATEWAY HOSPITAL

The short story is, I was locked up in PGH for eight days in July 2000, during the time of the gross abuse and neglect of patients that culminated in the fatal shooting of a non-English-speaking untreated epileptic by the Portland Police inside the facility a few months after I got out and ran screaming from the psychiatric establishment for several years, even when it could have been the most useful thing ever. I've seen this shit FIRST HAND, kids, including the staff's propensity to use unlawful isolation and restraints. Also their propensity to physically drag you out of bed and force you to go to group meetings. Anyway, this is some traumatic shit that I've been forced to think about lately, and it kind of sucks. At least they got shut down (less than a year after I left) for being an actual gateway to Hell. So I take solace in the fact that no one else has to put up with that.

There's a whole other incredibly traumatic story about how I ended up there, but I don't have the energy or desire to relate it now.

Anyway, I love it when people assume they're more worldly than me for whatever reason.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jena said...

wow, i'd heard about the shooting and other bad things at pgh, didn't know that's where you were! poor keli!

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home