Saturday, December 06, 2008

Colonel Bat Guano, If That IS Your Real Name

Current Song: "Orchard Of My Eye" -- The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart

It's midnight and it's bright enough outside to drive without headlights. Going theories on this are A) a low-hanging, very dense cloud cover which reflects the city lights back onto the snow; or B) nuclear terror.

I had lunch this afternoon with Leslie at Fuji-Ya in downtown STP. It turned into an adventure because neither of us had ever ordered from a sushi menu before, but everything we ended up with was amazing/delicious.

I was settling in this evening for some Simpsons DVD watching and snacking on Cheez-Its when Jayme called and asked if I wanted to go out for dinner. I, of course, did. He had a gift card to the Olive Garden where neither of us had been for years. The salad and breadsticks are just as good as I remember, but I unfortunately left my leftovers at his place. We hung out after dinner at his house, where he burned me a copy of American Idiot (my old copy was all electronic and was lost when my hard drive turned Judas on me), and then we watched Dr. Strangelove on the projector. Still one of my favorite movies of all time, and he'd never seen it, so that was a blast.

So, in essence (Purity of Essence), today was a good day. Except when I picked up a prescription and it was $150 for one bottle of pills. Boo.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nuclear terror hypothesis + olive garden = you just made my friday worthwhile. xo, jason

1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home