Sunday, November 23, 2008

Men Are Disgusting And We Have Proof

Current Song: "Stumble Then Rise On Some Awkward Morning" -- A Silver Mt. Zion

I just returned from the Calexico show at the Fine Line, where I ran into a friend I hadn't seen in a while and got a bit of news that made me feel powerful. Anyway, the Fine Line sucks as a venue. And the opening band The Acorn were kind of annoying. And Joey Burns was a little off-key and did a terrible spoken-word piece. Shatner, yes; every other person in the world including Joey Burns, no. But Meredith got to talk to/touch him so that was cool. I was off on a caper and missed my chance, but whatev. I met Cheech Marin once, so I'm all set.

I hate it when people ask me what I'm up to these days because all of my answers are horrible and depressing.

On a final note, there was a girl standing in front of us at Calexico that had a VERY unfortunate face. She was not fat but the backless/sleeveless shirt she chose to wear (braless, which was not the right choice) highlight her pudgy upper arms, and she was wearing mom pants and slipped her arms through the handles of her purse and wore it as a backpack. Sad face. Anyway, the best part was that she was one of these white girls that jumped on the salsa-dancing bandwagon, and she was showing off her moves. By which I mean she was definitely dancing to music other than what was being played, because nobody's rhythm is that off, right? And she kept moving her arms and hands around like she was dancing to Indian music. And doing salsa steps by herself. And she had a butch haircut that belonged on somebody's mom. We couldn't see the band from where we ended up standing so we watched her embarrass herself all night and that was actually a better show.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, i love your description of this. it's right on. you could smell that kind of trouble a mile away, not to mention your ability to pigeon hole other personality problems within moments of encountering them. you have a skill unsurpassed. no wonder the devil himself wanted to bone you.

2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home