Sunday, October 19, 2008

Send Me A Kiss By Wire

Current Song: It's the song that that annoying frog on the WB used to sing.

Zombie Pub Crawl was a semi-success. We all ended up looking very zombielicious, but the girls opted to go to Sgt. Preston's as the first stop and I can't drink at Sgt. Preston's (the only thing worth going there for are the fishbowls and all of them are caffeinated - I found this out the hard way) so I was WAY more sober than anyone else. Then Nikki and Jess disappeared while Heather and I were in the bathroom in the Corner Bar, and it took us forever and a lot of bitching from various people in the group to find them at Palmers. By the time we got there Nikki was suffering from catastrophic failure, so she, Heather, Leslie and I hopped in a cab and went back to their place. I ordered Jimmy John's which was the best decision ever and then spent the night on the couch listening to Amanda's boyfriend snore louder than anything ever for the entire night. Nikki didn't die, so I rated it a success. Plus there was a lot of general yelling of "Brains!" and mayhem and chanting with other random zombies on the street. The turnout was huge - it's a good thing we didn't walk all the way down to the Cabooze to see Dance Band because they were turning people away at the door before we would have gotten there. They were expecting near 2000 zombies and it that was probably pretty accurate. We'll be there again next year, hopefully with better planning.

I stopped at the Wedge on my way home this morning and bought a 10-pound bag of kitty litter which probably saved my life as far as getting rid of the contaminants in the air in my house. I need cat food a lot, though, so I'll have to go to the store tomorrow. I wish I had a bus pass and didn't have to keep paying the fare in cash.

Even though I had about a martini and a half and a beer last night, I don't feel well today. I'm pretty sure it's less from drinking and more from not sleeping. And also hunger, because I'm famished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home