Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It's Too Early And I Didn't Sleep

Current Song: Some Christmas song, I don't know.

I hate getting up early, but the kitty hospital closes at 8 so I have to fetch my cat and bring her to the clinic so she can keep getting care. Luckily the clinic is walking distance from my house so I can just come home from there.

I have to ask, how are "oriented" and "orientated" synonyms? Orientated sounds stupid. But by God, there it is, right in the dictionary. This stupid country.

Oh, I think I forgot to mention but the nicest vet tech in the world gave me a ride home last night because I was just standing in the vet hospital parking lot at 11:30 at night. In Frogtown. Which actually is the worst neighborhood in Saint Paul. She was just getting off work so she gave me a lift. I don't usually accept rides from strangers, but I was kind of in a bind and didn't want to wait for a cab. In Frogtown. At 11:30 at night.

Speaking of which, I ordered a cab to pick me up at the cat hospital at 7:45 AM but in my experience cabs are the least reliable things ever so God knows when/if it's actually coming. Although I also had the nicest cab driver ever last night who knew where the cat hospital was (I didn't) and talked me out of going the longer way. He also offered to pick me up whenever I needed to go home but I caught a ride with el vet tech instead. But seriously, everyone I met last night was cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home