Sunday, September 14, 2008

I Hope I'm Not Underestimating Everyone

Current Song: "Street Spirit (Fade Out)" -- Radiohead

This is one of my favorite songs of all time.

I'm afraid that I want the job that I'm interviewing for tomorrow (the cancer job) too much and that this will lead to my downfall. My first love was always research, and this job embodies everything I love about research without requiring the icky parts, like participant interactions (particularly like calling people to see if they're dead.) Plus from what I can tell it pays well enough to handily live on, and it comes with great benefits and things like sick time and vacations. And the potential to travel to conferences and whatnot, which the sad business-girl part of me yearns for. And it drastically cuts down on the amount of time I have to meet with people who are crying. I have had some shit jobs in my time.

The interview is tomorrow at noon and I'm preparing for it by sitting here in terror reading over my resume and cover letter and cringing at how grossly unqualified I am to do any job that doesn't involve burgers. God help me, and please let everyone else who's interviewing for this position show up drunk and/or illiterate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home