Monday, September 29, 2008

Her Legs Were All Laid Bare

Current Song: "Chimbley Sweep" -- The Decemberists

The interview with that Christian missionary group went well but was weird and definitely involved words like "heresies" and "articles of faith." I don't know what the job pays or if it has health insurance, but if it pays enough to live on and I don't have to foot my medical bills entirely on my own, I'll take it if offered. I love not having a job, except for the part where I still have bills, and for that I will go back to work.

I sent a follow-up email to PR Newswire regarding that job that I want more than anything. It's in Richfield and would take me an hour and a half to get there every morning and it's still all I really want to do. Plus after a while I'd be allowed to work from home, which might go a long way toward solving my attendance problem. I just want them to get back to me to say "OK, start working here then." I don't think that's too much to ask.

I had lunch in a very pretentious coffeeshop in Merriam Park this afternoon after my interview. The sandwich was delicious but not filling enough and the atmosphere was annoying, as was the staff. Now I'm hungry and regretful that I paid $10 for lunch. Also, what respectable coffeeshop doesn't have a City Pages stand by the door?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home