Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Ah, Prisoner 24601

Current Song: "People Get Ready" -- The Frames

I panicked and applied to another job even though I'm interviewing for the job I want most on Monday. Unfortunately the job I want most is probably the one I'm least qualified for. You'd think I'd have learned a lesson about getting in over my head on employment by now, but here we are.

I meant to go shopping as I am entirely out of food, save for ice cream and several packets of inedible tuna (and boxes and boxes of frozen vegetables, actually) but instead I read almost the entirety of Jane Eyre. It's one of my favorite books but I did not intend to read all of it today. I got into a quandary where I need to go to Target to fill a prescription, but I need to go to Rainbow and Big Top to get food and booze, and going to all of those places seems like kind of an ordeal when you can't drive. I couldn't decide which one I'd rather go to, so I didn't go to any. I cleaned the cat boxes today and then I packed it in and went to bed with a book.

I could hardly sleep last night. I woke up just about every hour, sometimes for quite a while. I would have thought the horrible life-ending insomnia would have resolved itself when I graduated and then quit my job, but apparently my brain and I are not on the same terms there. And if I don't have to get up for any reason, I feel like I'm wasting my Ambien by taking it to get a good night's rest. It's more fun to take it and then stay up apparently applying for credit cards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home