Sunday, September 07, 2008

I'm Destroying Myself Slowly

Current Song: "Let's Not Shit Ourselves (To Love And To Be Loved)" -- Bright Eyes

"Well, I woke in relief
My sheets and tubes were all tangled
Weak from whiskey and pills
In a Chicago hospital
And my father was there,
In a chair by the window
Staring so far away.
I tried talking, just whispered
'So sorry, so selfish--'
He stopped me and said
'Child, I love you regardless
There's nothing you can do
That would ever change this,
I'm not angry, it happens.
But you just can't do it again.'
So now try to keep up
I been exchanging my currency
While a million objects
Pass through my periphery
Now I'm rubbing my eyes
Cause they're starting to bother me
I've been staring too long at the screen.
Well, where was I when I first heard
The sweet sound of humility?
It came to my ears
In the goddamn loveliest melody
How grateful I was then to be part of the mystery
To love and to be loved --
Let's just hope that is enough."*

*I'm pretty sure this section of this song is killing me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home