Friday, April 27, 2007

Please Is Not A Word I Have Ever Said Quietly

There's a lounge cover of Oasis' "Wonderwall" on the Current right now and it makes me want to stab out my eardrums. I hated this song when it wasn't a slow jam.

I'm going to Spring Jam's Battle of the Bands tonight because Robby is playing bass for Pioneer Hall and I basically love that idea. Apparently there's food, also. I'm going by myself which is lame because everyone I know is also lame, but not lame like Spring Jam. It's a spectrum, like autism.

I was talking to someone recently and I said that I had gotten really excited about someone's Strong Sad t-shirt, and the person I was talking to tried to correct me: "Don't you mean Strong Bad?" Which indicated to me that this person was basing this particular pop-culture reference on things they'd heard other people say, and not any interaction they'd had with the particular phenomenon. Here's some solid advice, kids: Don't try to pass off secondhand pop-culture knowledge as original. It's too easy to slip up and look like an ass. If you don't get it, say you don't get it. Nobody respects a liar.

I've been making a lot of mistakes regarding sleep lately, in that I've been up late talking to people I love instead of sleeping for the past couple nights. And I have to get up pretty early on weekdays. So if I seem really distracted or mercurial lately, it's because sleep deprivation has robbed me of my judgement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home