Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Bomb. Repeat. Bomb. Repeat. Bomb.

I angrily hate this semester, and this week of this semester in particular. I finished my trafficking paper, which dragged itself out to 13 pages (14 with the bibliography) and then I decided to look up the requirements for the "personal reaction paper" I had to write for my alcohol and drug therapy class. Given that every single other reaction paper I've had to write over this entire semester has maxed out at about two pages, I wasn't worried. Unfortunately, this is the description of the assignment:

"Type a 4-6 page personal reaction/reflection paper on 1 of the 2 texts used in this course. This paper should be an articulation of what you personally, professionally, and academically derived, enjoyed, and found helpful or useful from the text and the course. The paper is worth 50 points."

50 points. Yeeouch.

Instead of writing the paper right away, first I bitched about it a lot, and then I did the math on the entire course to figure out what my grade would be if I just didn't write it. It was kind of a ballpark figure, since I haven't any idea how many classes I've missed (I guessed a minimum of 5, but I didn't even make it in today, so it could be much, much higher.) Either way, if I didn't write this paper at all I'd come out with about a B. Unfortunately for me, if I got half credit on the paper I could bump it up to about an A-, which is motivation enough for me to write the paper but not to try very hard. So I wrote a paper that's just over 2 pages and called it good. Take home point: I hate this semester.

I'm going to Ted Leo and the Pharmacists tomorrow! Maybe that will make up for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home