Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Things Will Be Great When You're Downtown

The Wild finally won a game in the playoffs! Now we just have to win three more. In a row. Just to stay in the running.

By far my favorite part was when Anaheim Mighty Ducks jerkass Brad May punched my favorite player (Derek Boogaard) in the face. See, Boogaard is very, very large, and also crazy. He has a reputation that was helped when he hit a guy so hard it shattered his eye socket. So May gets in a solid, clean hook right to Boogaard's jaw, and Boogaard just stands there and looks at him. Calmly. Which is what brought on my favorite part of the whole game, which was the honestly terrified look that crossed Brad May's face immediately afterward. My second favorite part was about a minute later when Boogaard skated up on May out of nowhere and May about peed himself. May sucker-punched one of our guys later on and got thrown out, probably for his own safety. Take home point: it was a great game.

I have a nasty headache and this SVU is a rerun.

If I am ever brutally murdered and the CSI lab is going over the evidence, they're going to be thrown off track by whatever insanity I've got written on the back of my hand. I tend to write cryptic notes to remind myself to tell people things later or to give myself things to think about, and other people running across them might think there's more meaning to them than there is. For example, if I were killed right now the cops would find this written on the back of my left hand:

1 in 15
we're all
going to
die

Which might come off as cryptic, out of context. It was a reminder that the prevalence of HIV infection in adults in the USA is 1 in 15. So, we're all going to die. Write it on your hands, it's great birth control.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home