Friday, March 30, 2007

A Cry For Something Other Than Attention

I'm reaching out to the internet for major life advice. I have to register for classes for this summer, see, and one of them has to be Intro to Public Speaking which makes me want to kill myself but that's not the issue here. Intro to Hell is only 3 credits, and I need 6 to get financial aid, so I need to take another class. I narrowed it down to three options and then I hit a wall.

Option #1: Beginning Russian
This class would allow me to learn Russian, which I want to do, but I'm currently in a crisis about leaving the country so this might end up being remarkably difficult and not useful in the end. Also it's Monday through Friday at 8:00 AM. On the other hand, this might be the only opportunity I get to take Russian.

Option #2: Sculpture
Pro: I need a creative outlet or this will end in a killing spree. It doesn't conflict with my work schedule leaving me free to make money that I desperately need. It's only 2 days a week (Monday and Wednesday). Also it doesn't require a lot of the brain power and it's the fun choice.
Con: It's a four-hour studio class that ends at 10:00 PM. It also conflicts with Public Torture so I would have to take that on Tuesday and Thursday nights resulting in four nights of night classes per week. It's also just about the least useful credits I could take.

Option #3: Statistical Analysis
Pro: I'm going to have to take it sometime to beef up my application to the Master's in Public Health programs, so I might as well take it in the summer when I have time to concentrate on it. Of these options it's the only one that would be for more than personal pleasure. It's the responsible choice.
Con: It's four days a week in the mid-morning. Also I'd have to spend my whole summer doing math. And it conflicts with my work schedule, which would take some massaging.

So, basically, help. What would you do?

1 Comments:

Blogger marie said...

Two summers ago I took Spanish III and Painting, and I suggest the taking a language over any art class. The way that the art classes are structured involve producing creative pieces every time you meet. It sucks because eight weeks is not enough time to force yourself to makemakemake.

Also, Russian >>>>> Statistical Analysis, seriously.

Plus, summer doesn't let you concentrate on anything besides how mother fucking hot it is. Trust me.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home