Friday, March 23, 2007

This Is Less About Us, More About The Funk

I'm trapped in an opthamalogical nightmare, as the temporary contacts that my eye doctor gave me apparently aren't correcting vision problems I actually have, so I have to strain to see everything and even then it's blurry or doubled or just oddly haloed. It's similar to how everything looked when I got that concussion that time I fell down my basement stairs. I wouldn't have worn them except that one eye is just fine, the other one is screwed up, and I thought maybe the kinks would work themselves out. But instead I just have a headache.

I won tickets from the Onion to see Zach Galifianakis for free at the Pantages tomorrow night and I'm pretty excited. For me and my +1, that's a good $50 worth of free entertainment right there.

I went on a shopping spree on Amazon a couple days ago and I want my packages to get here already. I bought the following:

*We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank (Modest Mouse) (I want this album so much it hurts)
*Robbers & Cowards (Cold War Kids)
*Neon Bible (Arcade Fire) (I pretty much bought this for the remake of No Cars Go which is unbelievable)
*The Crane Wife (The Decemberists) (it's embarrassing how long I've gone without owning this)
*The Good, The Bad, and The Queen (The Good, The Bad, and The Queen)

I should have bought the new Ted Leo and the new Bloc Party, but I spent the rest of my budget buying that last textbook I was trying to get away with not having. The requirements for the class changed and now I have to start writing papers that cite the book, so I can't get away with it anymore. On the plus side, I pulled out a B on the midterm anyway.

It is so hot in my office that I can hardly breathe. Once again I'm the only one who showed up today, so I've been blasting the Current with the window open, so I hope the rest of the medical complex enjoys that.

Oh god, my eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home