Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Tiny Giants Made Of Tinier Giants

The Wild lost in a shootout, but I sure did all I could do, as I was leaning as close to the TV as possible and screeching and screeching at them. Intensity, that's why I love the NHL.

Night class tonight was a downer even though we got out early because the PowerPoint projector was broken. We watched a video that included a recording of a 911 call made by a woman as a man was breaking into her house and then raping her. It was not my favorite and it solidified my decision to never, ever become a 911 operator.

I have two presentations due on Thursday, neither of which I want to do, and a paper to write for one of them which I haven't started. My Parent-Child Relationships instructor decided to give us all a chiding about how in Real Life, we often need to do small-group work and cooperate with others. To which I say, I've tried Real Life, it requires very little cooperation unless you're into being nice to people, and it certainly doesn't resemble trying to assemble a group presentation on a topic you care little to nothing about with a bunch of people who never come to class (including you.) On a related note, I finally broke down and emailed one of the girls in my Alcohol and Drug Therapy group to say that I had no idea who was in the group at all and if she wanted me to participate she was going to have to flag me down. Luckily she said she'd been skipping class a lot also and she didn't know who was in our group either, which made me feel like less of a failure. We managed to find each other for the meeting and actually, that presentation is probably going to go pretty well. We all sent our info to one girl who put together PowerPoint slides that are fantastic, and I only have to talk for like 2 minutes and I'm pretty much just going to read my slides. So it could be worse. I guess the point is, I hate small-group work so much. I'm not a cooperative learner, or really a cooperative person in general, so this semester is pretty much designed to fill me with impotent rage.

I got my midterm back in Intro to Child Maltreatment and I somehow got a 14/15 which was spectacularly unexpected.

And finally, some guy had a schizoid freakout on my bus today and started yelling at us that he needed to motivate the college punks and then ended by shouting "BIG 10! NCAA!" a few times before he ran out the door. I don't know about the rest of you punks, but I'm pretty motivated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home