Thursday, October 02, 2008

This Is How You Dance When You Die

Current Song: "Unbelievable" -- EMF

My girl cat is smarter than anyone else in the house, I think. She just came into my room and meowed at me to get my attention, and then walked back out. I didn't follow her, so she came back, meowed again, clearly motioned that I was stupid, and then walked back out to the kitchen. I followed her and it turned out the cats had no water in their water dishes. So she came to tell me. She's the best kitty ever.

You'll be glad to know I got my Prozac refilled yesterday, so hopefully the madness ends here.

I'm headed to Happy Hour in Uptown in about 40 minutes to hang out with Kayla, who's in town for a couple days, and the rest of the Usual Suspects. Then I'm going to Ivy's to drink and watch the debate with her and Lucy. I'm pretty excited, it seems like a good time.

Also, our team took fourth in trivia last night. It should have been more but we choked on a question about the game Battleship. Oh well. DJ Steve gave us a free beer because we had the best team name (which was, naturally, "What do we want? Brains! When do we want them? Brains!") When he came in he played a couple of Dance Band songs and I was the only other person in the bar who knew the words. So we took our team name from that zombie song they sing and thus, free beer. Not that we needed it, it was just Greg and Nikki and I and we all pretty much got plastered before the game ended. Especially Nikki. Then she got her head trapped under the seat of a bicycle, and I laughed until I cried. Good times were had by all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home