Wednesday, October 01, 2008

So People, They Trust Me But Sometimes They're Wrong

Current Song: "Pieces Of You" -- Jewel

For my senior project in my high school drama class I made a video of tableaux set to this song. I am not a master of technology and the timing was all off when I premiered it, so it did not get a warm reception. Plus I used my (at the time) boyfriend in the role of the Faggot, which got an inappropriate laugh. But really, what high school kid could you put in that role that wouldn't get a laugh? Maybe Ricky from My So-Called Life, but that's it.

That headhunting place called me this morning and I got through the initial interview for that newswire position. They expect to have a final phone interview set up for me sometime this week. I really, really want this job, and the girl who's arranging it wants me to have this job, since I'm pretty sure she gets a commission. Also salary is apparently in the high $20k range and I can totally live with that, since it also has good insurance which is currently what I need the most.

I ate Pizza Luce for a celebratory lunch and now I'm drinking root-beer-flavored liquor because, well, I'm reasonably sure no one's going to call me for an interview for the rest of the day, and I have nothing better to do. Except I have to call my mom in a couple hours...shit. Ah, I'll text her. Better she doesn't realize I'm drinking alone in the middle of the day.

I was up until at least 4:30 AM watching The Hudsucker Proxy and then Quiz Show, both of which are high on my list of Best Movies Ever. And then I was anxious about being awake for that interview call so I got very spotty sleep from 4:30 on. I'm hoping this booze knocks me out and I can at least get a nap in. I hate not sleeping at all ever because my brain chemicals don't work together in the way they ought. Which is why I clearly need health insurance, maybe more than most people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home