Friday, October 03, 2008

Operation: Everyone

Current Song: "Countdown" -- Dance Band

My paper finally got published! Journal of Rural Health, volume 24, number 4, pages 345-352. I didn't actually write the text of the paper, but I did a lot of the research and some statistical analysis, and I proofread it and suggested some minor changes which were adopted. And mostly I'm credited as an author which totally rules.

I spent the evening at Ivy's drinking every time Sarah Palin:

* Dropped a "g" on a verb ("comin", "bein", etc.)
* Said "heckuva" or "darn" or something along those lines
* Said "nuc-u-ler"
* Said something unbearably retarded

Needless to say we were pretty smashed by the end. We Tivo'd the debate which was good because we had to keep backing it up in disbelief, like when Palin announced that she was against a second Holocaust. It took us 3 hours to get through the whole thing because we kept pausing it to laugh. Also I missed the closing statements because the recording cut off, but I've looked into the media coverage and it seems like nothing terribly exciting happened. Also, still in love with Joe Biden.

I hustled to the Uptown Transit Center and caught the last bus out with two minutes to spare. Then my driver entertained me with stories about how stupid people on the bus are. Then he said some unfortunately racist things, not like violent but just some generalities. That was a shame, and I was kind of glad when other people got on the bus so we could stop talking.

I need to do something about the fact that I'm not sleeping at all ever. Probably resort to taking some sort of drugs. I refilled my Ambien but I can't get more until I get another doctor. Turns out it's some sort of controlled substance or something. I need health insurance. I have high hopes for the newswire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home