Friday, September 19, 2008

It Breaks If You Don't Force It

Current Song: "Munich" -- Editors

If I was an aging gay man I would be all over Stephen Fry. Take a trip over to YouTube and watch any of the large collection of QI clips they've got posted. Uh, but only if you can penetrate the various British accents and your sense of humor is not based on flatulence...otherwise, you might be wasting your time. Also, if you haven't, see V For Vendetta. It's just good times.

Yesterday I was overwhelmed by a sudden rush of longing for my regular grocery store in London. I have no idea why, I was mixing guacamole at the time. I think I might just be bored.

In terms of attacking boredom, I'm watching the aforementioned YouTube and drinking pumpkin liqueur straight out of the bottle. I probably mentioned this, but I got it on an impulse buy at Big Top because it was right by the register and $1.99 for a liter. It's DELICIOUS and I wish I'd bought more than one (Nikki offered to pay me to bring some to the Raging House Party at her place tomorrow.) It's like heavily spiced pumpkin pie - sweet and dark and with a great aftertaste and an even better smell. There was a recipe suggestion that you mix it with vanilla vodka and cream and something and have like a pumpkin pie a la mode cocktail...If I had those things, I'd be all over that idea. (Also it's 21% alcohol by volume, so I think it's 42 proof, if my basic understanding of proofs is correct. I don't know, if someone knows, I could use the education.)

I'm supposed to hear on that job at the "beginning" of next week. If I don't get it I'm going to fall apart. I've invested far too much time and energy into wanting it at this point. Plus it's a research job, and god knows that is my first love.

...Speaking of which, that paper I got co-author credit on should be published soon, if it wasn't already? I hope somebody's on top of that and lets me know what the deal is.

Oh, here:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home