Monday, July 14, 2008

That Reminds Me, I Have To Contact Rodrigo

Current Song: "Colt Stands Up, Grows Horns" -- Sunset Rubdown

Well, I had a job freakout over nothing. Turns out I'm only counseling online this week. All week. Aaaaaaaaall week. I'm not saying I'd trade the tedium of Counselor On-Line for the terror of just Counselor, but still, it's going to be a long week.

It was so freezing cold in my office today that I huddled up in a corner of my desk with my hands and face over a steaming cup of hot water just so that I didn't die of hypothermia. It was too cold to type. Then when I came back from lunch I attempted to rip the alleged thermostat off the wall. It started making a hissing sound and then the jet-blast of cold air that continually pours out of my ceiling vent stopped. So I may have broken something important but at least I'm no longer wishing for death.

The only CDs I have in my office right now are Arcade Fire's Neon Bible and Sunset Rubdown's Random Spirit Lover. Also The Good The Bad And The Queen but that's not getting heavy rotation. I'm sure my co-workers are getting annoyed by walking into the same like six songs every time they come by my door. On the other hand, both of these albums are so good. Spencer Krug's soaring vocals are beautiful in an off-beat way, Win Butler couldn't write a song I didn't love, and lyrically both of them are just stellar. Still, I could use some variety at this point.

Oh, I probably forgot to mention that I'm Counselor OnLine today but there aren't any online clients. So I have a lot of time to kill today. At least this gives me the option to leave a little early so I can go pick my Lollapalooza ticket up at my old apartment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home