Monday, July 14, 2008

And Now I'm Late

Current Song: "A Stone" -- Okkervil River

I have an unhealthy relationship with Okkervil River, possibly mostly with this song.

I have a skinned-raw patch on the inside of the first knuckle of my right middle finger, and I finally figured out it's from twisting off bottle caps. This does not make me feel good about myself.

We're still playing the Ativan game at work because otherwise I'd be paralyzed, which is not an effective counseling method. Today I'm going to concentrate on A) not being so chatty, which I've been told comes off as off-putting, and B) not nervously laughing, which I've been told comes off as condescending. I think these are my biggest obstacles to effective counseling, besides the rather large roadblock that I don't know what the hell I'm talking about at any given time. Meredith has told me the secret is in acting confident, which seems simple but is the first truly helpful advice I've gotten in a while.

I'm going back to eating salads at work because I really need to do something about how hugely fat I am.

I miss my old job where I could listen to music all day and didn't have to talk to anybody. On the other hand, I do love this job and its attendant challenges. I'll be excited when it gets easier, as it inevitably will.

Oh shit, I've gotta go to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home