Sunday, July 29, 2007

Not For Nothing, But...

Current Song: "Monkeywrench" -- Foo Fighters

Tonight was such a bust, I can't help but be annoyed. We were headed to the Gay Nineties to celebrate Hannah's 18th birthday, but one thing after another cropped up so we didn't even get downtown until after 11 PM. We paid for parking and less than a minute later Hannah realized that she had forgotten her ID back in her car in Uptown. Her friend dropped Lila and I at the bar while they went back to fetch it, but by then we'd figured out that we both had to leave around midnight. For all the time it would take for them to get to Uptown and back, we'd end up paying the $5 cover to spend less than half an hour at the bar. So we left, instead. In summary, I got all dressed up and bussed all the way out to Uptown, then spent a long time driving around looking and paying for parking, just to immediately get on a bus and go home again. I accomplished basically nothing tonight.

On the plus side, I stopped in the midst of the fray and bought toothpaste, which was necessary. So at least I have that.

Also, that woman that Dan and I talked to for more than an hour the other night at the Uptown Transit Center was on my bus and immediately recognized me. For what it's worth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home