Sunday, July 22, 2007

Everybody's Working For The Weekend

It suddenly became an eventful night. In no particular order, here are some words that describe some things that happened:

* My glasses broke, irreparably it seems, so I will spend much of tomorrow on a quest to get new frames.

* I put in my contacts while running to a bus stop, critically freaking out the kid who was on the elevator down with me.

* I saw "Rescue Dawn" with Dan. It was a stupid title. The movie was okay for a Vietnam film about POWs which stars Steve Zahn and the guy who plays Big Mike in Reno 911. Also Christian Bale, which is why we were there to see it. All in all I think it was pretty forgettable.

* My water bottle leaked in my bag and onto my pants which was not as comfortable as it sounds.

* Some guy on our bus on the way to Uptown tried a unique method of flirting by singing, a capella, a song that I'm pretty sure he wrote about getting C-L-O-S-E, close to you, to a blond woman with a blind son. He was not untalented and a lot of the weird middle-aged women who were on the bus tried swaying along in a hopelessly middle-aged-Midwestern-woman way.

* We had to catch the last bus out of Uptown, which meant waiting for 45 minutes. Just about five or six minutes in, a bus dumped everyone unexpectedly at the Uptown Transit Station and headed for the garage, which infuriated this middle-aged, red-haired woman who ended up talking to us for the next hour or more. Her name is Suzanna and she comes from Orange County. She was extremely pleasant for someone you meet at a bus stop. Probably the least crazy, least intoxicated person I've ever ended up talking to at a bus stop, ever.

* On the bus, finally, home, an extremely jolly drunk guy got on with a personal cooler and happily explained his plan to make rum punch when he got home to an extremely disinterested elderly man in the front seat. When the jolly guy got off the bus, he pumped his fist in the air and yelled "Yaaaaaahooooooooooooooo!" which, I have to say, had its charms.

And finally, the most interesting thing of the evening:

* Dave Ryan, of Dave Ryan In the Morning, has two children out of wedlock and he is either disinterested or cruel to them. And he refused to pay for anything at his daughter's wedding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home