Monday, April 09, 2007

Your Sister Gave Us Away

I have had "O, Valencia" in my head all day, and I don't really know the words, so it's just the sound of the lyrics playing in my mind. It's kind of annoying, actually.

The hangnail I keep complaining about it is now infected and that just makes it so much worse.

I went out to where Lila is pet-sitting tonight and made cheeseburgers and hung out with her and the dog. It's so rare that I eat meat, it's so much more delicious now. And the dog was cute. Then on the way home, it's nearly 11 at night and I'm at the bus stop at Central and University and suddenly Susan comes up and starts talking to me like it's the most natural thing in the world for us both to be there, but I can't wrap my mind around it at all. So the whole time we're having a conversation in my head I'm like, How did this happen? I'm so unprepared for surprises.

Speaking of things that I can't wrap my head around, today I went to the Bursar's office to pick up some stamps for my office and for some reason I couldn't stop saying things were cool. So every time the cashier said something I was like, "Cool. Oh, cool. Oh yeah, that's cool." And then he asked me if I wanted an envelope to carry the stamps in and I was like THAT WOULD BE COOL. I don't care what kind of envelope it is, that kind of enthusiasm is not warranted.

1 Comments:

Blogger marie said...

not even envelopes of columbian cocaine?

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home