Sunday, April 08, 2007

I Love You But Let It Bleed

First of all, what would this blog be without me bitching about parts of me that hurt? That being said, I tore a hangnail off that ripped up under the nailbed and now my thumb is absolutely excruciatingly painful.

I had a whole productive day/night today and it made me feel like at least parts of what I do with myself are worth doing. The very first thing I did this morning after getting up and showering was to do my laundry, which is impressive if you're me. Then I mostly did the dishes (I just kind of gave up after a while and left it.) Then I met the guy who's taking Charlie's room in the fall. His name is Rodrigo which I will eventually stop laughing about, but he seems like a cool kid. He loves the Wild which I'm into. Then I sat around and watched cartoons for a few hours which was the low point of the productive period, but then, THEN, I went out to Acadia coffeehouse on Franklin and Nicollet and watched a performance art piece by a girl who used to date one of my friends. Said performance included a long sequence on masochism, graphic full frontal nudity, an awkward piece about self-mutilation, and a short film about the Crocodile Hunter on a search for the Female Orgasm. It was exactly as ridiculous and self-indulgent as it sounds. She had a nice rack so it was worth the $3. After that I hung out at Lila's and ate homemade soup with her and The Chop, and then some friends came over for a few minutes before I headed to Chad's and helped him make custard. Then we talked about the nature of masculinity and religion while we were eating bananas with fudge sauce. I love things like that. It was a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home