Monday, April 02, 2007

Fuck You Buy My DVD

I should probably quit drinking. Every time I bother, I spend the whole next day just depressed. I am not the kind of girl who can afford to spend days depressed. Not if we all want to keep seeing each other and I'm not strapped to a bed or lying on a slab.

The good news is, I'm feeling better today. I've got those two classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays where group presentations are going to be a huge chunk of the rest of the semester, and I gave both of my presentations on the first day, so now I can just relax and do the crossword. In one of those classes the presentations are only going to be for the rest of this week, but in the other class it's pretty much for the rest of the semester. So it's like a mini-vacation from classes I hate, and nobody can disagree with that.

My mom told me the other day that I've had a pattern my whole life of getting through about February in the school year and then completely ceasing to care. It's true, my grades in Fall semester are always higher and I'm always more excited about my classes then. I'm pretty concerned about what that's going to do to next Spring, which will be my last semester in undergrad. Speaking of which, I'm being screwed so thoroughly by this University at this point there's nothing left to do but laugh. I was piecing together a workable schedule the other day, and I figured out that I have six classes left to take before I've completed all of my credits, and one of them I'm taking this summer. Leaving me with five classes to take in the Fall, which is obviously doable. However, howfuckingever, I need to take three "professional core" credits (I can choose from a list) and the Family Policy class. And the Family Policy class is scheduled at the same time as the professional core credit classes. So I have to choose, see, there's no other option but to choose. Not just that, but the list of professional core classes that are offered in the Fall are mostly classes I have already taken, two classes I want to take, and one class I will not take under any circumstances (Counseling Practicum I. I'd rather die.) So I'm taking the two classes I want to take and bumping Family Policy and the other professional core credit back to the Spring, effectively meaning I don't graduate on time. Through no fault of my own. And I pay the out-of-state tuition, so that's a good $16,000 or so more that I have to cough up to take two classes.

And I don't know if I mentioned it, but the merging of the College of Human Ecology and the College of Education and Human Development meant that I lost my scholarship funding entirely so I don't even know how I'm paying for next year. I hate this University's administration so much.

I need to get back to a happy space. I'll be spending the rest of today filing and/or making copies, and then learning very basic statistical analysis tonight, followed by a 15 minute bus ride that is the highlight of my Mondays and Wednesdays. That's so sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home