Thursday, April 05, 2007

You Always Come Back Right When I Need You

What was with how cold it was today? I didn't care for that at all.

Spongebob Squarepants is not made for little kids.

I wish I could stop chewing on my fingernails.

I'm going to the Take Back the Night fundraiser tomorrow night at Al's Breakfast (starts at 6 PM, I think) and you should go too. Delicious food and you can feel like you did something nice for the people.

I got mail from the Peace Corps today and it just made me feel like a failure. I had to come up with a Plan B and then a Plan C and now I think I'm on to Plan D. I wanted to go straight into getting my Master's in Public Health but the entrance requirement for the Maternal and Child Health program requires at least one year of experience working with women and/or children in a public health organization, and not only do I not have that, I don't know how to begin getting it. So then I decided to kill time while I was figuring everything else out by getting my Master's in Social Work, and it turns out the U has a macro-focused program (community work and administration, instead of one-on-one clinical or client-focused work which frankly I'm not suited for because I kind of lack the people skills.) So I thought, great, I'll do that. Then this morning in my social work class, the director of admissions came in to talk to us and said that nobody gets in without a year of experience. So I went and asked her and she said it would be a good idea for me to get client experience but that experience in planning or administration would be good enough to get me into the macro program. So now I pretty much have to take a year off between the end of undergrad and the beginning of grad school to gain the necessary experience, which is pretty stressful because it becomes extremely dependent on me getting a relevant job after graduation. Which is Plan D until something else comes up, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home