Monday, February 05, 2007

Sid Vicious Is Rolling Over In My Grave

I had a good morning at Squash, since we were working on our serves and I practiced that in my own time on Friday. I think wearing my contacts is helping the whole I-can't-see-the-ball thing. Today I wasn't the worst person in the class, and that's all I care about.

I am going to a training course on lit searching today for my sweet job. I'm such a research nerd.

The Dance Band show at the Nomad on Friday was superb. Except that they were last in the lineup and Ronnie Lake and Ronnie Lake's freakishly tiny old lady bass player went way over their set time and I swear to God they were playing the same horrible surf-rock instrumental for an hour. Every time they paused I got excited that it was over and then it would start up again and I'd start screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" I was glad to see them get off the stage and make way for the real band with the real songs. Dance Band is playing the Cabooze on the 23rd. I can't make it but I encourage the rest of you to show up and shake your babymaker.

My boss is playing "Love Shack" right now.

I spent way too much time outside this weekend to be healthy. I kept missing buses at crucial moments, like when it was -33 with wind chill.

Captain Octagon: What do you want?
Crowd: Brains!
Captain Octagon: When do you want them?
Crowd: Brains!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone seems to love this Dance Band troupe...I may have to investigate.

And nerdier than the fact that you are avid about research is the fact that you're taking a squash class.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home