Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Thank Heaven For Little Girls

Not having internet is basically killing me. I went down to UCS to buy a new computer today but all they had for laptops were Macs and I just can't get into that. Macs make me feel helpless, and it's my stance that unless I take up writing music, editing videos, or creating graphic designs, I don't need one.

I have a new niece as of this morning. Her name is Minuet. She has a Chinese middle name that sounds beautiful but I don't have the first idea how it's spelled. I hear reports that she's gorgeous already, which would make sense, as her brother Jacob is the cutest baby in the whole world. I'd post a picture of him but all of mine disappeared when my old laptop went to that great Circuit City in the sky.

I also officially have a home as of this morning. I signed my lease at the Chateau today and it's a good thing because I sure as hell wasn't going to move out if they turned me down. I was prepared to barricade myself in my room. That's why I shouldn't decorate--I get way too attached to the places I live if I allow myself to think of them as home. That being said, I already made that mistake here so now I'm committed. And may I say, it's a good place and I'm happy to be there. Who'd have thought being friends with Charlie would have paid off in such a concrete way? You should all be so lucky.

God help us if I don't get a computer soon. Thank heaven for the Walter Library computer lab and its generous lab times. Also the miracle of new life. Thank heaven for that, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home