Friday, January 26, 2007

Painful, Burning Ruination

First of all, the title is a typo that I thankfully caught before I submitted a paper about STDs. Gonorrhea does in fact cause painful, burning ruination.

If it hadn't been for the hysterical crying and the intense family drama, Rudy's funeral would have been a comedy of errors. For one thing, we got to Duluth at 3 AM and we had to be at the service by 11 AM. For various reasons this didn't work, including the fact that we got hopelessly lost on the way to the church and missed half the memorial. On the plus side, I bought a pack of caramel rolls from Tobie's on the way back.

I'm shockingly worn out, probably from that psychologically exhausting exercise. Yesterday I went and stuffed bags with condoms and lube for SHADE, and then spent about seven hours reading five new chapters and writing an 8-page paper for that horrible distance learning class, in addition to reviewing the rest of the material, because I had to take the final this morning. The final went about as well as the midterm last week, and I submitted the last three assignments about 10 minutes ago, so I am officially officially done. It's quite the load off. Maybe now I can start concentrating on classes I'm actually taking.

Speaking of which, I hate my alcohol and drug therapy class. I don't want to be a therapist. In fact, the idea of being a therapist is so disturbingly awful to me that I've thought about dropping the class since the first day. Alas, it's too late to replace it in my schedule, so I'm just dragging through and doing the crossword a lot. The nice thing about it is that there are no written tests, so as long as I do the assignments I should be alright. Still, what a waste of time.

Tonight I'm going to the Varsity to see Girl Talk with Robby and possibly Carissa. My friend Jon's band (Dance Band) is opening and I'm pretty excited about that. It should be fun if I manage not to collapse before it ends.

I do too much, I think. The end of the distance learning is really going to open up a lot of time in my schedule, thankfully.

Shameless non-profit plug: If you make less than $40,000 a year and you want someone else to do your taxes, come to the free tax fair at the Minneapolis Convention Center tomorrow starting at 9:30 AM. I can screen you for health care and food stamps if you want! All the cool kids are doing it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home