Sunday, January 21, 2007

And Then It Was Snowing

I took some Midol this morning which is caffeinated but is the only thing that prevents me from crawling out of bed and throwing myself under a bus. It has the unfortunate effect of making my heart hurt.

Not enough time exists for me to do all of my required reading, write each of my required papers, and visit all of the required places that I need to be at. My life requires too much of my attendance and attention. Required reading is going to suffer the most, I'd say. Let's hope this isn't the semester that my horrible study habits catch up to me.

I went to training for the Covering All Families Project on Saturday. It seems like fun, but that's not the point. The point is, training was in a really crap part of downtown St. Paul, and I had the following exchange with a gentleman at a bus stop as I was walking past at nine in the morning:

Gentleman: Hey! Hey! Hey!
Me (warily): Um, what?
Gentleman: Are you high?
Me: (pause) No?
Gentleman: Are you lost?
Me: (lying) No, I found where I was looking for.
Gentleman: (pause) Do you know where I can buy some crack?

I didn't. I didn't know where he could purchase crack. But I did think about it, to be polite.

Also, my response to "Are you lost?" was both a blatant lie and really poor grammar.

The other problem with my lifestyle is that it basically prevents me from eating. For instance, it's 5 PM and I've yet to have any food. This is due in part to busyness and in part to the fact that I felt gross all day. I'm hungry now, however. I wonder if Heather ever called me back and accepted my invitation to dinner. I've been in the Walter Library since about 1:30 and I don't get service in here.

At least two of the three papers I have due this week are finished. We can all breathe a small sigh of relief.

And if you were worried that I wouldn't make it to Rudy's funeral, you can stop worrying. Arrangements have been made.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home