Thursday, January 04, 2007

I've Settled Back Into Moderate Insanity

I managed to make it to the internet for a record second day in a row, and it's a damn good thing I did because I had an offer for a job interview waiting for me. It's a job I want that pays pretty well, working for the Medical School, which I am all about. I will let you know how that goes. Let's face it, that's probably all you'll be hearing about for a while.

I met our maintenance guy this morning when I stepped out of the bathroom after a shower and he hollered "MAINTENANCE" at me. It was startling but luckily I was dressed. He was nice, so I filled out a comment card about his niceness and dropped it at the office. I like to have a good relationship with the people I depend on to, say, unclog icky drains.

Last night Dan made a truly heroic effort to scrape together the remains of my laptop and breathe new life into them, but it just wasn't meant to be. Then I subjected him to hours of Law and Order (SVU and CI.) And I discovered that he's unfamiliar with a little television show I like to call Saved By The Bell, which makes me die a little inside. Oh, childhood. We all lost that bet.

I have to go to Uptown immediately and mail these Nokia (Knock-ee-ah, you know) phones back to Piccell or they're going to screw me with late fees and I don't have any money. I had to borrow money just to pay the postage to mail the phones. Piccell offers free shipping, but it's only for one phone, and I have two. Damn you, two! Damn your oily hide.

Jobbity job, oh oh oh job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home