Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Runaway Train Never Coming Back, Wrong Way On A One-Way Track

You know what's really, ridiculously fun? The Nintendo Wii. Specifically boxing, tennis, and bowling on the Nintendo Wii. My arm hurts.

You know what's also fun? Watching COPS with someone who graduated from law school. There's a lot more shouting of "Fuck you, officer" than you'd think.

I am living the good life these days. If the good life involves sleeping on a luxurious couch and eating at Chipotle every day (which it does.) I had Belgian chocolates for breakfast while I made another desperate attempt to rectify my failures in this distance-learning class. I read two chapters but I got to the assignment page and I wanted to die, so I wrote you this letter and regretted eating chocolates instead.

Last night I had dinner with the usual gang (minus Chad, who at least had the decency to call me and tell me he couldn't make it--after I was already back home) at Little Tijuana's. I had a big banana split that I made Charlie help me with. Everyone else had some sort of Mexican cuisine that nobody was too thrilled about. The best thing about Little T's, besides the waitstaff who each look like an extra in a Mad Max remake, is that they provide you with crayons and butcher paper to draw on while you're dining. I would love to work there just to see what people come up with--it's the best kind of microcosmic social anthropology I can think of. Last night the six of us drew such varied images as Christmas trees, Hannukah candelabra, silverware, Satan, a Super Mario Bros. "Goomba" with boobs for eyes, a horrible car accident, an American flag with the pole stuck in an apple pie and a baseball flying by in the foreground, and a nativity scene where baby Jesus is holding a gun. Needless to say, a good time was had by all.

I hate distance learning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home