Saturday, December 02, 2006

Honk If You're Jesus

Some people have recurring dreams; I have dreams in a series. As in, they're not the same dream but they're the same thing. I've been having dreams for several years about volcanoes. Sometimes I'm trapped in the smoke and ash, sometimes I see the lava from afar, and sometimes I'm right in there running for my life. Last night I was right in there running for my life. I'm not a believer in Freud and his sex-is-the-core-of-all-life theories, but I'm starting to think I might have some repression issues to work out.

I'm making attempt number 2.0 to start my paper. Because I sat here for a good 12 hours yesterday and I didn't start. I don't really care enough to start writing. I'd rather sit around listening to music (right now it's Scissor Sisters, then on to Sunset Rubdown) and playing some mindless Flash game than sit around thinking about the financial resources of my jobs. I still have to figure out how to write up a portfolio for two jobs that covers the material that everyone else covers for one but in the same amount of space. I asked the instructor and he was like "Ok, write one entry, then write another one for the other job." Thanks, Jonty, that's very helpful and is sure to end with some sort of cohesive paper at the end. I have been seriously stressed about this class for a while but I sat down and had a chat with myself last night that basically consisted of "Grade stress will lead you to suicide. Getting a C in this class is not going to destroy your career." I have to have these chats with myself every semester. Did you ever see The Breakfast Club? I am Anthony Michael Hall.

This little pep-talk was bolstered by the fact that 1) I am getting an A in my art class, and 2) I am getting A+'s from both of my employee reviews, and that's 50% of my grade in PELA, so the other 50% that comes from the portfolio is not going to crush me.

I'd be pretty excited if the computers in here had earphone jacks. I can't conceive of a reason why one would make a computer without an earphone jack. My life would be remarkably different if I could turn the volume on on this thing. For instance, I wouldn't have to wait until the room clears out around 1 AM to put on Last.fm's Neighbor Radio. So Thank You, IBM, for ruining my life aurally.

1 Comments:

Blogger bipedalistest said...

Hey, nice title! It makes me giggle! But more importantly, I've joined a pyramid scheme! You can, too!

I'm leaving Ireland the 22nd, I'll be in M-Town the 3rd. Let's fall down and injure things together.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home