Friday, December 01, 2006

I Will Not Have Dickens Quoted To Me In My Own Household

t is a particular and grating pet peeve of mine to try to watch something I am interested in in a room with people who are talking amongst themselves. It is an even more particular and enraging pet peeve of mine to try to watch something I am interested in in a room with people who criticize it from beginning to end. If you hate the show so much, why are you still in the room? Go away and let me watch Qi in peace! It's a rare day that I get to watch it, I don't need you next to me grumbling away about how it's not funny. Also your criticism was largely uninformed and frankly it didn't make me think much about your intelligence. You're a nice kid, but seriously, shut the fuck up when I'm watching TV or I'm going to stab you in the neck.

There's a reason why my blogs are all under the name "Shhh...TV."

*****

OK, I was so angry I forgot why I came in. See, I have very little of what passes for "a life"...as evidenced by my passion for Qi. So today instead of writing my paper, I screwed around on the internet and listened to Thom Yorke's solo album (Eraser) for nine hours straight. Nine tracks in a loop. I think I like it even more now than when I started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home