Monday, November 27, 2006

I Called A Train Full Of People Jackasses To Their Faces Today


I only have five minutes and a broken shift key, so I'll try to tone down the wordiness. I had my big meet-the-mayor day at City Hall. Our event was on the ninth floor and the view is spectacular, given that city hall is built right next to the Tower Bridge and across the Thames from the Tower of London. The launch of our annual report (which is what I was there for) went well and the mayor was very polite when I shook his hand. Also I got free lunch. And several compliments on my hair. So it was a pretty good day.

*****

EDIT: I forgot to credit a couple of things. Yesterday's artwork was brought to you courtesy of the Tate Modern. It is of course "The Metamorphosis of Narcissus" by Salvador Dali (painted in 1936-1937.) And two posts back, the equation "the whole world + the work = the whole world" (also at the Tate Modern) was proposed in white neon by artist Martin Creed in the year 2000.

The painting at the top of this post is my current favorite (once again, credit the Tate Modern -- that place is packed with all things great and crap.) It is "Merry Go Round" by Mark Gertler, painted in 1916 at the height of WWI, which is why everyone on the endless merry-go-round is in uniform and screaming in unified terror.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not silent, we give the "g" all it's worth.

4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home