Thursday, November 23, 2006

Please Don't Ever Say "Her Inner Lining" To Me Again

It's Thanksgiving! I wish I were in Duluth at my (not my) grandma's house with my (not my) family. My adopted family, I guess.

I am watching a bunch of boys try to tie a tie and it's pretty damn entertaining.

I was sitting in a staff meeting at Respect today when all of a sudden my left eye started to hurt. A lot. I ended up pulling my contact out but the damage was done. After the meeting ended I went into the bathroom, pitched my contact lens, and then tried to flush my eye out but it was swollen and scarlet. After a few minutes it returned to a vague pinkish, and it didn't look like it was half the size of the other one, so I went back to work with only one contact in. It's getting a bit better now, four hours later, but it still hurts and I can still really only see well out of one eye. I have no idea why this happened, it just did.

Also, when I got home the key-card reader on my flat's door had stopped reading key-cards. So I'm locked out until the building manager can get back, which won't be until at least 6:30 PM. And I have to be at the Thanksgiving dinner at 7:30, and everyone decided to dress fancy, leaving me very little time to solve this problem.

I think all this is punishment for the amazing time I had last night, after Tory scored me a free ticket to the sold-out Muse concert in Wembley Arena. I rode the Tube for an hour and a half and got there just as the opening act (the Noisettes, who sucked, even though they are fronted by a black girl who wears a tutu while playing guitar and screaming) finished. The concert was FANTASTIC, better even than when Robby and I saw them in July. Except that I was alone for this one, which wasn't the most fun thing ever. But the set list was great (they played the whole new album, then a bunch of oldies, including Feeling Good, which is one of my favorites.) And I danced like a maniac, because I hate dancing but I love Muse, and I have to express that in movement.

It occurs to me that the eye thing wasn't the beginning of my punishment, as on the way out of the concert I took a spill on the stairs and banged up my knee pretty badly. I cannot walk on wet indoor surfaces at all.

My eye hurts and I don't like stories about anal sex gone horribly wrong. And yet, here we sit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home