Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The 7th Is Made Up Of Phantoms

I didn't go to work again today. Well, yesterday I worked from home, technically, but today I just didn't go. And I didn't go to the Tate Modern to play on the slides, either, so I have to go Friday to make it up. I just didn't feel like getting out of bed, and I felt the coughing and congestion were a pretty good reason.

I did not spend my time fruitfully. Although I did apply for a job. It's in Saint Paul and the commute would be a nightmare but otherwise it would be a good job. Academically, however, I utterly, utterly failed at using my time wisely. For instance, I'm supposed to have read yet another play by tomorrow and have I even looked at the Cliff's Notes? The answer, my friend, is No I Have Not.

Instead, I read the Wikipedia plot summaries for every single episode of the original Twilight Zone series. Hence the title of this post.

I keep thinking about the holidays and fervently wishing that I'd made a different choice this year. I don't even know where I'll be living come Christmas. I keep promising myself that I'll spend Christmas day volunteering, but most likely I'll spend it balled up on somebody's couch while they're out spending time with their family. I'm like the Moe the Bartender of your lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home