Tuesday, November 14, 2006

She's In The Oubliette

I made pasta with eggs and plum tomatoes and a little feta and some macadamia nuts for dinner, and it was pretty delicious.

I had a day at work. It certainly was a day. I was working at a conference about women in prisons that one of my employers organized. It was incredibly interesting but kind of stressful and I was pretty tired by the time I left. Then I had to go to the early Theater section, which is much different from our cozy little class that I'm used to. Then I had to go to this alleged meeting which was actually a lecture that I was coerced into by my study abroad program. Because they're insistent that we take a class called "Maximizing Study Abroad" that is a total waste of time, and because it's a total waste of time, they're becoming increasingly desperate to make us pay attention to it. So we (we being only the kids from Minnesota, which seems horribly classist, or some sort of ist, at least) had to sit still in a uncomfortable chairs for two hours and listen to a talk about Muslim women and whether they should be allowed to wear the full-face veil. I don't profess to have an informed opinion on this subject, as I don't know any Muslim women who wear the veil, nor do I know anyone who's particularly opposed to it. But it seems to me that the veil is sort of like a yarmulke and we should probably just let it alone. But the point is, that meeting was interminable.

I'm going to Amsterdam on Friday and I should probably find out when my train leaves.

Oh, and here's this:

Random student: "What about Chris? Would you fight him?"
Drunk Boston kid: "My roommate? No, I wouldn't fight him. He's a man. He has a penis."

Then later:

Random girl says something to Drunk Boston kid.
Random student: "Hey, watch out, you're a girl so he'll fight you."
Drunk Boston kid: "Yeah, you've got boobs, I'll kick your ass."

1 Comments:

Blogger marie said...

hahahaha anthony's not from boston, he's from MEDFORD

big difference. medford is much dirtier

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home