Saturday, November 11, 2006

Simon Loves Ray

First of all, and this will come as no surprise to those of you who have shared a bed with me, my feet are cold. Cold in the way dead people's feet are cold. They say your feet and hands get cold because the blood is rushing to warm your internal organs; if that's true my liver is at a toasty 200 or so right now.

I've been shopping for graduate school programs again. Some people clean or drink when they get bored -- I irrevocably alter my future plans. I had decided for a time to go to nursing school, because it's only 16 months and the skills would be invaluable in my future work (not to mention give me much-needed fodder for my hypochondria.) But then I realized that you need all sorts of prerequisites to go to nursing school, and the admissions process is structured so that you can't just do it to kill time while you figure out what else you ought to be doing. So I haven't ruled it out, but it's not my first choice. I've actually decided quite firmly that upon graduation I will be joining the Peace Corps, so I'm sort of structuring my plans around that. At least that's two years taken care of. I've waffled a couple of times, mostly when I've been without internet access and thus felt totally adrift. And once or twice when I realize how much I miss you, and by you, I mostly mean Robby. Sorry, all the other yous. But I suppose everyone who stands on the brink of a major commitment waffles once or twice. After I return from service I can get into a number of different programs as a Fellow, which affords me tuition discounts (in some cases, waivers) and all sorts of other options, which only strengthens my commitment. Plus I get to study another language, and that's just always a tick in the Positives Box for me.

Oh, and let's not forget the student loan forgiveness.

Now you're starting to think you should join up, too.

Nobody's been home at my flat since yesterday and I fell directly into my old habit of morbid self-reflection, which takes its form in my refusing to get out of bed or put real pants on. Also I meditated on suicide but I decided to look for graduate programs instead. Not that I have anything to kill myself about, I just like to know what my options are.

I've been watching British TV and there's things about it to love, like X Factor, which is somewhat like American Idol in that they both have singing and crying and Simon Cowell, but with more actual development and definitely more involvement by the judges. Also instead of Paula Abdul they have Sharon Osbourne, which is way more hardcore. I've been watching X Factor for weeks and I'm quite involved in it. Also I've discovered I'm sexually attracted to Simon Cowell. A fit older man with authority and a bit of an anger management problem? What about that wouldn't I be attracted to?

Now you know why I'm not dating anyone.

Well, that and the crippling personality disorder.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

x factor is a terrible show. so terrible that i enjoy every waking second that it embraces my presence.

additionally, i find it humorous that i am now talking to you through blogs just as i did with rachel despite the fact that we were always somewhat near to each other.

somethingsomethingnutsack

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home