Thursday, November 16, 2006

I'm Shirking At Working Right Now

Picture me as Gob Bluth waking up this morning and saying, "I've made a huge mistake."

Although I have a policy about both drinking on weekdays and spending money in bars, last night I massively failed at everything. I think it went wrong in the first five minutes, when Kendra and Greg and Brantley and I decided to "start the evening off right" with a shot of tequila. That shot turned into several more shots (I think I capped the evening at four but Kendra clearly had the record with at least seven) plus a number of Snakebites. We had a debate about whether you can get a Snakebite in the U.S. It's lager, cider, and blackcurrant liqueur mixed together, and it is universally considered delicious. Anyway, I had three, between shots. All this was accomplished before 11 PM, which is the joys of drinking in a culture where the bars close unbelievably early.

It was a really good time, with dancing and singing and nobody throwing up or making an ass of themselves (well, mostly.) And we were in a Private Function area so we didn't have to deal with Other People's Problems, which was nice. However, when I had to get up at 9 this morning and go to work, I really, really regretted the whole thing. Mostly the tequila.

Here's a snapshot of what it's like living in London: This morning I stepped out my front door into a light rain and nearly ran into a man in a white lab coat who was staggering down the street carrying an enormous open box of raw meat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home