Saturday, October 04, 2008

And In A Way I'm Hoping To Be Done With All This

Current Song: "The Mercy Seat" -- Johnny Cash

I officially have caught the cold that everyone else has. So hopefully this doesn't devolve into, say, pneumonia, or some sort of throat infection. Or bronchitis. Or anything else that my colds have developed into recently that have sent me to the doctor's office, since I truly can't afford that at all. I paid my rent today and now I have No Money until I get a job or a lucrative hobby. Like prostitution. Come on, PR Newswire. You know you want to hire me.

In the past week I have reconnected with two people from my past via the magic of the internet. So Kathy or Katie, if you're reading this...don't tell Miranda where I am. She's stalking me, and it's terrifying.

I should be sleeping off this cold instead of typing this. I basically slept until like 6 PM today, though, so maybe it all balances out in the end. Also I spent much of the evening reading the U.S. Army Survival Handbook. I'm learning how to make fresh-water stills and build shelters out of parachutes. For absolutely no reason except that somebody reminded me recently that the projected end of the world is 2012. And/or if Sarah Palin gets into office and we're forced to live off the land by our wits. (I'm assuming that a John McCain win will be quickly followed by a Sarah Palin presidency, since he seems fairly frail and she's terrifyingly ambitious. Remember that scene in Showgirls when Jesse Spano shoves Gina Gershon down the stairs so she can take her starring role? I mean, neither do I, I didn't see Showgirls.)

Also, having girl friends leads to a lot of stupid drama that's sometimes intensely satisfying. It's like high school except it never ends and I'm slightly less awkward. Well, that's a lie. But that being said, I'm glad "It's sad, but not in the way you'd think" brings joy to your life! I love you too.

My throat hurts and my neck is doing that thing where the base of my skull hurts like I'm being stabbed by something blunt but forceful. This annoys me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home