Saturday, August 30, 2008

I Should Tell You I've Been Spoken For

Current Song: "Stadiums and Shrines II" -- Sunset Rubdown

Oh my God, so much kitty snuggles!

I slept terribly last night. Twice I woke up from terrifyingly real dreams that the Devil was trying to possess me. Then I had a horrible dream that I was back at work and my supervisor was explaining in polite but firm tones that they were going to tell any future employer that I was lying about my reasons for quitting and that they fired me because of it. And that dream was horribly, horribly real, so that when I woke up I couldn't remember if I dreamed it or I was just remembering it.

I don't think this counts as my first day of unemployment because it's a weekend. Tuesday will be weird.

I'm listening to The Jim Yoshii Pile-Up's song "A Toast To The Happy Couple", which was based on the lead singer's suicide note that he wrote before he attempted to kill himself and was hospitalized for quite a while. This is the first song I heard of theirs, on an Absolutely Kosher Records sampler, and I fell straight in love with them. This song ends with him yelling "you are all hereby formally indicted" and it's pretty intense. Not as intense as "Silver Sparkler", which was written during his recovery and ends with the words "oh my God, oh my God, I am sorry" which basically kills me every time.

I didn't get dressed today and I made no attempt whatsoever to shower. I think I'm going to hang around in pajamas for a few days and adjust to my whole thing.

I miss Johan and Katie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home