Saturday, August 11, 2007

Hoist Up The John B Sail

Current Song: "Our Life Is Not A Movie Or Maybe" -- Okkervil River

I'm obsessed with this song. Also the last song on this album, about John Berryman jumping off the Washington Avenue Bridge. The slow demo version is soul-ripping.

I saw Les Miserables at the Chanhassen Dinner Theater tonight. Despite rumors to the contrary, the food was pretty good. The show was good for what I hear is a drastically scaled back production of Les Miz, which I had never seen before. I'd say go, if you get the opportunity and the hundreds of dollars.

My friend Jill is leaving for a year in Oakland volunteering in an adolescent drug rehab program, and I will miss her. Her going away party was conveniently located right across the street from my house. It was drunken and fun. I also got to meet Susan's possible boyfriend, who is both cute and charming.

I guess the point is, it was a good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home