Friday, August 10, 2007

And Everything I Can Remember

Current Song: "It's Been A While" -- Staind

Back on the stories of the songs in my head. I woke up to this one this morning for no apparent reason. My clearest memory involving this song is myself in the cab of a pickup truck, driving around with Bemidji's most successful drug dealer, singing along to this song on the radio. See, I was living with this cokehead in her mother's basement in Bemidji, and the drug dealer was her brother. One of the bedrooms in his house was dedicated to storing the unfathomable amounts of marijuana he possessed, but that's not the point of this story. I don't remember why I was driving around solo with him, but I think he was driving me to meet his sister and her friend at her friend's trailer park. Her friend was a single mother of a 7 year old daughter who once came at me with a butcher knife because I took a box of matches away from her. It was a tense moment.

I'm going to the Chanhassen Dinner Theater tonight to see Les Miserables, which I have low expectations for so it should be alright. Then it's off to Jill's going away party, which is heartbreaking even though we never see each other. It's going to be a busy day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home