Thursday, August 09, 2007

That Car Horn Has Been Honking Intermittently Outside For Over 10 Minutes

Current Song: "The Flaming Moe's Theme Song" -- The Simpsons

I've probably mentioned this before, but there is not a moment in my day at which I do not have a song stuck in my head. At best, it's just playing softly in the background of all my thoughts and I'm able, in large part, to ignore it. At worst it's drowning out the outside noises and keeping me up at night (cf. the "Tainted Love" incident, which I've probably mentioned if you've known me for a while.) Sometimes I tune in to what's playing in the back of my mind and I'm surprised by the weirdness of the things I've got stashed in there. As an example, once I had a horrible nightmare that I was trapped in a haunted bathroom and I could see a person in the mirror getting closer and closer to me and I couldn't get away. When I woke up abruptly, I realized I had "Man In The Mirror" by Michael Jackson in my head, which made me laugh. Anyway, I bring this up because this morning I randomly checked in with the music in my mind and realized that my brain was singing "Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away" over and over. Which, admittedly, is strange.

Today should be my day off but I've been having some scheduling problems regarding extracurricular work and regular work and meshing the two successfully, so today I have to go in and run some data analysis instead of sitting around staring at the Food Network. I quit all the work I wasn't getting paid for, and I need the money, so it's not that bad. But still, I need days off. Then again, I'm going on vacation soon enough. Which is never soon enough.

My monitor is doing that thing again. The thing where part of it has slid off-screen. Dan fixed it the other day but it started right up again doing that thing. I think it can't be good news. I wish I knew more about computers, but on the other hand, I'm really pretty unwilling to learn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home