Thursday, December 07, 2006

I'm The Only One At Work Today And I'm Not Using My Time Productively

I've got stress and I didn't make it to the step where you accept the things you cannot change. I somehow keep thinking it's a good idea to keep ignoring that distance-learning class I was supposed to have finished MONTHS ago. My grade is going to change to an F and I'm going to lose my special good-student status and I won't be able to get a good job after college and I'll end up living in a box because I can't live in a car because I can't drive. Speaking of which, unless my mom decides to reverse her lifelong policy of being selfish and uncaring I may end up living in a box anyway as I can't make the income requirement on my new apartment and I need someone to sign the form that says that they are financially supporting me. And that's exactly the kind of thing my mom likes to say "no" to--the thing where my whole life hinges on this one act that will have no consequences whatsoever. And then I end up getting shafted in some way or another. Like when I went back to college and after I'd already moved back here but before school started I asked her to co-sign on my student loan and she said "no" for no good reason even though it meant that I didn't have enough funding to pay my bills. And I ended up both signing on to a private loan with an outrageous interest rate and living absolutely hand-to-mouth for months until I found a job. So I'm very, very concerned that is going to be one of those times where she says "no" even though saying "no" basically condemns me to homelessness in Minnesota in winter because I don't have anywhere else to go. Because she doesn't really care one way or the other.

So, I have stress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home