Monday, December 04, 2006

Listened To The Album: Still Unmoved. Please Advise.

I finally spoke with Charlie about the process of moving me into his empty room. Not only does it seem like it will work out, but it seems like a sort of paradise compared to the places I've been living for the past two years or so. He has actual couches. Couches! And clean carpet in my bedroom! And a shower that both stays hot and has actual water pressure! Every time I think about it, I want to cry. Charlie is my knight in shining something.

Not to mention that it's right in Dinkytown. No more almost getting hit by trains at 4 in the morning for me! I'll find some other way to almost get killed, I'm sure. Maybe muggings.

This is my last week of work and I'm kind of sad, but I applied for a new job today and I'd be pretty excited if I got it. It's a job as an Accounting Assistant for the Accounting department at the U. Pretty much it sounds like the only parts of my research job that I didn't hate so much that I felt like I was going to bleed out my ears every time I showed up. (Only towards the end, but it was a passionate feeling.) Sitting around entering documents into CUFS all day? Scanning things and contacting people via email? Yeah, I'm pretty sure I can do that, especially since it pays almost as well as my research job. I felt I was pretty qualified, since I've already completed the CUFS training that would be needed, which saves them time and money.

I have a headache for no real reason. Except that I was banging my head against the mantlepiece in PELA today every time that big-headed kid in the ill-fitting pants started talking. Aggravating. Oh, yes.

Shit, I have to write that PELA paper still.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home