Monday, January 19, 2009

If I Just Turn And Run

Current Song: "Woke Up This Morning" -- A3

I'm still on the hunt for the first-person version of this song.

I went grocery shopping with food stamps (in actuality, a food stamp debit card) today for the first time. It was great, I got $60 worth of groceries and didn't have to pay for any of it. Then I had bread with hummus and blueberries for lunch and baked eggplant with almonds for dinner. Food I want for free? I love this idea.

Boys I know are sending me huge red flags lately and I don't need it. I think they should be grateful I'm even talking to them at all, given that they're boys and I'm me.

Speaking of me being me, I'm wearing a t-shirt that says "Fashion is not a luxury" right now. I got it for free, obviously. I find it funny, especially that I'm wearing it with relatively designer jeans, layered shirts from Target, and socks I inherited from Lila's late grandfather. I'm a damn fashion icon.

I was flipping through Pundit Kitchen on the I Can Has Cheezburger network (it might be punditkitchen.com, but I'm not sure) and I realized that I am attracted to Vladimir Putin. I think it's part of my raging power & authority thing. Like how I think bulletproof vests are really hot. Plus the icy emotional distance and the fact that he's evil and therefore totally off limits...hot.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jena said...

he is staring into my soul! must...resist...dark side....

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home