Tuesday, January 13, 2009

You Can't Carry That Cross Alone

Current Song: "The Gold Finch and the Red Oak" -- Ted Leo and the Pharmacists

I used to have a recording of A3 (possibly recording under the full name, Alabama 3) singing the Sopranos theme song "Woke Up This Morning" that I obsessively loved. Except, when my hard drive died and I lost all my music, I discovered that the recording I had was apparently rare and unique. And the other versions just are not adequate. See, in mine, he was singing in first person, i.e. "Woke up this morning, got myself a gun/Mama always said I'd be the Chosen One" etc. But in every other version I can find, he sings in second person, i.e. "Woke up this morning, got YOURSELF a gun..." And the music is slightly different. I don't know from music, but I think the tempo is different. It's making me crazy. I've purchased or downloaded every one I can find and all of them are the wrong song. I just want mine back! If anyone, anywhere, knows what version I'm talking about and where I can find it, PLEASE let me know. Of all the things I lost in the hard drive disaster, this might be the one I miss the most.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jena said...

try here: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=94285417
i didn't listen to the recording though, so it may not be what you're looking for

1:20 AM  
Blogger Nil said...

that was an acoustic country version? it was cool but not mine. thanks, though!

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home